The IDEAL 61-415 TightSight Split Jaw Meter is a CAT IV 600V, CAT III 1000V auto ranging true root mean square (TRMS) digital fork meter that measures up to 200 Amps AC or DC between the forks. It measures up to 1000V AC and DC, continuity, resistance, capacitance, and diodes via test-leads (included) and detects the presence of voltage between 40V to 600V via a non-contact sensor in the tip of the right fork. The Dual large displays can be backlit, and a built-in flashlight can be illuminated when working in poor or zero lighting conditions.
The unit uses an illuminated red LED in the center of the meter and emits audible tones to notify when voltage is above 30 volts, when continuity is detected and when the NCV senses voltage within its set range. The back of the meter has a built-in two position dual probe holder; the lower position allows for probe storage, the higher position allows for testing or measurement holding the meter and secured probe in one hand and the second probe in the other hand, or for both probes to be secured in the tip while conducting measurements. The meter has a hanging strap mount (compatible with all other IDEAL meters with this feature) that allows for a hanging strap (sold separately) to be attached to the meter so it can be hung from a nail, screw or magnetic surface.
This meter features HOLD, MIN/MAX, Relative, Range, and selectable Auto Power Off functions. The meter comes with 3 1.5V AAA Batteries and an easy open, fully accessible storage pouch with a belt loop that allows for storage.
- UL Certified CAT IV 600V & CAT III 1000V, measures 0-200 Amps AC/DC and 0-1000 Volts AC/DC
- Provides True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Measures AC/DC Current, AC/DC Voltage, continuity, resistance, capacitance, diodes, and senses AC voltage
- Built-in probe tip holder and hanging strap clip allows safer, easier measurement and probe storage
- Built-in Flashlight and Dual backlit displays allow for safer/faster work in poorly lit environments
- Includes soft case, test leads, and batteries